Bangladesh Army International University of Science and Technology (BAIUST), a pioneer university of Bangladesh Army, started its journey from 14 February 2015 with the motto of “Knowledge, Wisdom and Technology”. It is established temporarily at the serene and secured environment of Cumilla Cantonment with the mission to provide State of the Art education and research in science, engineering, Business Administration and other relevant programs. It expects to run its affairs in permanent location from 2022.
The University aims to provide innovative, multi-disciplinary courses and endeavors to make a hub of knowledge.
Why Study at BAIUST
- Army Administered & UGC Approved: Bangladesh Army International University of Science and Technology (BAIUST) runs under the direct supervision of the Bangladesh Army. Its programs are approved by UGC. The Vice-Chancellor (VC) is selected from the teachers of the Military Institute of Science & Technology (MIST) and approved by the Chancellor— the Honorable President of Bangladesh.
- Access to the VC: The University gives top priority to its students and provides utmost care to students’ needs. All the students have access to the VC for their educational, administrative, and personal requirements. In addition, the VC interacts with all students regularly. The VC and faculties also interact with parents/guardians when required.
- Permanent Campus: Presently, BAIUST conducts its present academic programs on a spacious campus in the Cumilla Cantonment. The facilities of the BAIUST permanent campus include separate academic and administrative buildings, auditorium, halls for male and female students, digital library, well-equipped laboratories, playground, central dining hall, cafeteria, mosque, etc. The University will shift to its state-of-the-art permanent campus by 2022.
- Outcome-based Education (OBE): BAIUST has introduced its OBE curriculum since Spring 2022. In the OBE system, employers’ requirements directly become the program syllabus. Thus, OBE will enhance the employability of BAIUST graduates, nationally and internationally.
- Qualified Academics:Our faculty members are highly qualified with brilliant academic backgrounds. Many have vast experience in teaching and research. Quality education facilitated by qualified teachers is our promise.
- Club Activities: The University has a lot of co-curricular activities for students under 11 clubs, such as sports club, cultural club, debate club, photography club, language club etc. BAIUST encourages students to be involved in co-curricular activities to attain knowledge, managerial skills, leadership skills, and real-life experiences by which they can meet the current world needs.
- Disciplined and Secured Environment: BAIUST ensures a secured and disciplined educational environment. It is free from politics, drugs, eve-teasing, raging, and subversive activities. Any breach of discipline is promptly dealt with.
- Mentoring and Special Counseling: Each student is assigned to a mentor (teacher), who acts as a local guardian of the student. If any student’s academic performance is not satisfactory, mentors and other faculty members provide them with counseling to improve their performance.
- Certificate Courses:BAIUST offers different short-term certificate courses helpful for students’ careers immediately after graduation. This increases the probability of getting employed.
- Green Campus:The campus is in a calm, serene, green, and pollution-free open environment that helps students touch nature every day.
- Waiver and Scholarship:Every semester, students avail waivers and scholarships on tuition fees in various categories, such as children of freedom fighters 100%, poor but meritorious waiver up to 100%, merit-based waiver up to 40%, sibling waiver 25%, children/spouse of military personnel 10%, etc.
- Transport Facility: The University has its own transport facilities for resident and non-resident students.
- Culture of Timeliness: BAIUST is committed to ensuring an uninterrupted curriculum so that students can complete their degrees and be in the job market without any delay.
- Developing Good Citizen: BAIUST, through its curricular and co-curricular activities, focuses on developing students as good human beings with all possible positive attributes.
- Our Alumni: BAIUST produces competent graduates in their designated fields. Up to Spring 2022, a total of 718 students have graduated. Among them, 248 graduates have already got jobs in different reputed organizations, and 168 have enrolled for higher studies at different reputed public and private universities at home and abroad. Alumni Association also helps fresh graduates in the job market.
Life @ BAIUST
Find out what you can expect from student life in BAIUST and discover why BAIUST is one of the world’s most exciting universities to study.
Our flexible programmes, world-class facilities and award-winning support services combine to ensure your university experience is exceptional and unique.
We believe our flexible four-year degree will give you the best chance of success in your future career. BAIUST degree programmes are designed to include four years of study to give you a broader and more flexible education. They allow you to try a range of subjects before specialising.
Even if you know exactly what you want to do, you can study additional subjects and add depth to your education. By the time you graduate your breadth of knowledge will be highly prized by employers, giving you the best chance of success in your chosen field.
Study support: We provide help and guidance on how to study most effectively.
We’ve invested efforts to enhance your student experience and provide support and guidance that are second to none.
We’ll work closely with you to help you:
become a confident, independent learner and play an active part in the University community; and
develop the graduate attributes required for success at the University and beyond.
Peer support: We run a system of peer support in the form of student-run helpdesks, information points, academic families, buddying and mentoring. This allows newer students to call on the help and advice of more experienced students as they progress through university life.
Message from Chancellor
Mohammad Abdul Hamid
Hon’ble President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
Message from Chief of Army Staff
General S M Shafiuddin Ahmed
OSP, ndu, psc, PhD
Chief of Army Staff, CAS Secretariat, Army Headquarters, Dhaka Cantonment
Message from GOC
Major General Md Mainur Rahman
SUP, awc, psc
GOC 33 Infantry Division and Area Commander, Cumilla Area
Message from Vice Chancellor
Professor Brigadier General K M Salzar Hossain, ndc, psc (Retd.)
Vice Chancellor, BAIUST
Cumilla Cantonment, Cumilla
02339334209, Ext: 0/119,
Joy Apps Link
Research @ BAIUST